Sunday, February 13, 2011

Missing My Sunlight

As I raise my head to look towards the sky
The rays of the sun work desperately to glisten
Through the clouds slowly forming above where I stand.

How I love the beauty and the warmth I feel
When the waves of light shine upon me
Bringing such brightness after an unlit night.

But little by little the beams begin to fade away
As the sun is covered by the dim shadows
That now surrounds that enormous sphere of light.

I feel the touch of a raindrop as it moistens my skin.
Glancing back to the heavens and seeing the darkness
I know the sun is there, yet I cannot see or feel it.

Though I understand the importance of the rain
I long for the warmth of the sun that is now vanished
And wonder how long it will be before it returns.

Standing still, I wait patiently for the clouds to part
For I know that the sun will shine yet again
With greater light than it had shone once before.

No comments:

Post a Comment